Tuesday, 31 May 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEETY !!!

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HER LIFE LILLY SAW THE PEPPERIADE
 May is special for us for many reasons. One of them is that on February the 6th, exactly three months ago, I brought Lilly home. She was so tiny-mini  that I could close her in my hand. Now she’s a grown up, independent young lady (time flies) so we decided to throw a party. Real vip party with a cake and gifts. 
LILLY BLOWING OUT THE 'CANDLE'
Never mind she's naughty. She deserves the best. After all, she’s young adult now. It needs celebration. We don’t know the exact date of her birth so we improvised and stated that on the 6th day of May our sweet girl turned 5 months! Everybody was invited. I made The Pepperiade: three-color cake, a pepper one (Lilly’s favorite) and my dear husband found a proper gift on this occasion: in one of the local pet shops he spotted and bought her… a car! Astonishing, green car with red inscriptions on both sides saying: HAMSTER CLUB and RACING TEAM. I wrapped it with red ribbon and we were ready. Everything was perfect and waited for our noble jubilee. Lilly was kind of grumpy and sleepy that evening.
DOES IT FIT ME, MOM...?
My little lazy bone slowly came out of her tubes, groomed herself and started to sniff around. She must have felt the pepper ‘cause suddenly she rushed towards the cage door and looked outside noticing this smelly, juicy, colorful vegetarian ‘cake’. Finally she left the cage behind and approached - excited - The Pepperiade. First she smelled it all over, then blew out the green stem as if it was a candle and she started to feast. It was fun to watch her stuffing herself with both hands, till she was full. Well, she knows, it’s impolite (she played in Hamster Savoir Vivre, remember?) but it was her birthday, after all, and everything’s allowed on that day. Then the gift time came and Lilly was introduced to her birthday present:
LOOK, I'M A GIFT !
the automobile packed up with fresh broccoli. I raised her well (my little girl knows how to behave) so she politely pretended that she is perfectly happy with the car, but - believe me, I know that - she had more interest in the vegetables than the toy (don't tell it to my dear husband). Well, she’s a hamster, after all. Anyway, the party was a big success. We all had a good time, thankfully celebrating our 3 months together. Lilly is happy, healthy and vivid. We couldn’t ask for more (well, maybe she could obey me a little bit more). To be honest, an afterparty also took place that day, but let's keep it in secret. We hardly behaved, you know, there was so much fun, food and drinks that for the rest of the evening Lilly even tought she was a present herself. We're absolutely going to repeat it. 
COMMEMORATIVE PHOTO OF LILLY AND HER NEW CAR

2 comments:

  1. Happy "Birthday" Lily!
    Hey i started reading your blog today and you made me fall in love with your Lily. I wish i had taken pics of my hammies' milestone firsts and had written a blog about it. T_T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you for your kind words. There's always time for a new start so good luck with your own blog. Feel free to stop by anytime. Lilly waves to you with her little fluffy hand :-)

    ReplyDelete

You can drop a few words in here, if you want to.