Thursday, 14 July 2011

THE CRIME AND THE PUNISHMENT


I'M NOT UP TO ANYTHING. HONESTLY!
Ladies and gentlemen, I have to announce, that our sweet Lil’ Lilly has gone mad. That’s right. She reached this turning point in her life when one gets strange fixations (some people call it ‘maturity’) and became obsessed with… 
DIG, DIG, DIGGY, DUG...
digging in the corners. It doesn’t matter what corner or where it’s located. All of them need to be dug away. It started from the inner corners of her cage: the litter flew all over the place while she was trying to make a hole in the plastic bottom. Well, after all it’s her apartment, so I didn’t intervene. And that was a huge mistake (!) because next in the queue were the four corners of… my room: two on the both sides of the door and two under the desk (including one behind the desk counter, which is the most desired due to it’s difficult accessibility). Sounds funny, hah…? But, it’s not...! We’ve got a new fitted carpet, imagine it’s soft and fluffy,
* SCRATCH, SCRATCH *
and this little furry monster (which I love and wouldn’t exchange for all Persian carpets of the world, by the way) runs to such a corner, digs her feet into the ground and starts: scratching, biting, tearing off the thread. From MY beautiful carpet! :-/ She does it passionately and never gets bored. The worst (or maybe the best rather) thing is she’s very clever. She knows well that it drives me crazy and that it’s the only thing she’s not allowed to do during her free running, so - as she’s dashing towards the corner - she gazes over her shoulder, checking whether I’m watching or not. If I am, she passes the corner and trots ahead like nothing (!) 
THIS OLD RAG WON'T STOP ME !
happened, but if I’m busy and/or looking in the other direction, she sucks to the carpet and won’t let go till I come and (gently) pull her away by her back legs. Phew…! Few minutes pass and everything repeats. On and on. I tried almost everything: spraying the corners with lemon juice, securing them with an old towel (Lilly bit a hole in it) or blocking them up with something. Nothing worked. Anyway, I had to help myself somehow, so eventually I made a coop for her and now she’s sightseeing it from the inside each time she’s extremely naughty. You think her precious head is too little to understand? Hah! You would be surprised how well she knows she did something wrong. It's written all over her penitent face. I am the boss, I am the owner. And I own them both: the hammie and the carpet :---) 
NAUGHTY LILLY STANDING IN THE CORNER. PUNISHED.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can drop a few words in here, if you want to.