Monday, 6 February 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LILLY! [...SIGHTING...]

This post was supposed to be about Lilly's First Year With Us Anniversary but it won't be. She's got worse today and looks like she's in pain. It's almost afternoon now and she's been tree times at her water dispenser to drink so far. It's not her normal behaviour. But the worst thing is that she acts as if she was drunk or partly paralized moving slowly with dizzy eyes and fur in mess. She's also grinding her teeth and refuses receiving her favourite treats. So with tears in my eyes I called our veterinarian. He told me that such a behaviour is often noticed and linked with pyometra. In most cases it means internal infection. We have to try another antibiotic. I'm crushed. She's been so vivid and happy lately. And now this... She's only about one year and one month old now. On the 6th of February 2011 I brought her home in a cardboard box. She was so tiny. And today, when I held her in my hands, she looked like a fading flower...

P.S. This evening Lilly's first birthday present arrived: the finest, the biggest spinning wheel I've found avalible. It's made of natural wood, it's 29 cm high and it was ment to be placed inside our wardrobe which is Lilly's playground.


Lilly saw it but hasn't try it yet. This night her state became worse: she drinks but barely she eats, barely she grooms herself. I had to help her clean her bottom surroundings and paws, and nose... She moves with visible effort. Today she couldn't even climb on a low platform inside her cage. I'm calm but the tears are right under the surface... It's so sudden. Just when I thought everything's gonna be all right. I know it's life and 'only' a hamster but it hurts.

4 comments:

  1. :( I am so sorry about Lilly's condition. We're all rooting for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Inky... That questions the recipe challenge for us but I'll try to do my best anyway.

      Delete
  2. Poor thing!!

    She will be greatly missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hold your horses, she's still alive :-/ Sorry, I'm a bit rough lately... Of course she will be missed, but right now I'm still fighting for her.

      Delete

You can drop a few words in here, if you want to.