Monday, 12 March 2012

INTRODUCING KROPECZKA

Kropka The Little Piratess. When I think of her I'm smiling again. She doesn't stop amazing us. In a blink of an eye she tamed my husband climbing - just like that - up his hand from her old terrarium into his arms. Such a sweet lil' girl...
PLEASE, GOD, MAKE THIS FINE HOME DOESN'T DISAPPEAR THIS TIME...

It took her a second to conquer and board our hearts and we were surprised how quickly and smoothly she adapted to her new living conditions. Since her left eye is missing I imagined her as a poor, weak and scared little creature. Ha!
SHOOT...! THIS MY PROFILE IS BETTER.
I couldn't be more wrong because our Kropeczka turns out to be a volcano of energy. You might say that she stuffs life in her cheek pouches with both her little hands. You should have seen her running like crazy in her first own spinning wheel; I've never seen a hamster being so fast. For a moment I thought we should have called her Forest not Kropka. Everything was new and fascinating but not scary at all. I couldn't imagine a hamster being more trusting, more after their new owners. She's been with us for 48 hours, for God's sake, and with no problem she comes to me, eats from my hand and strives into my arms as if she knew me for ages...! She's unresistable. And her energy is endless: after so many sensations
CONSIDER ME SMILED
(travelling, new people, new cage, new stuff, food, new everything) she was hyper active all day long, barely sleeping, and yet gave me quite a lesson after the sunset; deep in the night I was waken up by a familiar, loud sound of gnawing so I went to check her up. I found her hanging from the upper bars, gnawing on the "ceiling". I didn't know whether to laugh or worry; the cage is not too high but Kropka is tiny, skinny and fragile so if she fell of those bars onto the hard platform, she might hurt herself. I praised her and tried to rearrange the cage to make climbing impossible but the situation repeated few times more; each time Kropeczka found her way up. Somewhat about 3 a.m., with my eyes red, sticky and sleepy,
ME PREFERES PONDS TO TAPS.
I realised she was bored. LOL! New toys, tubes, tones of already hoarded food, much bigger cage and she got BORED...! :---) I had no other choice than to make her one of those Juergen's - from Roborowski Hamsters Addicted YT channel - toilet paper toys: I stuffed a roll with some delicacies wrapped in the paper towels and gave it to Kropka. She suck to it, ripping the roll with her small, sharp teeth like a can, and it took her the rest of the night to work it out; finally I could get some sleep. Next evening we were playing in the room: Kropeczka was exploring her new playground and also discovered the second huge, wooden, 30 cm high spinning wheel hidden inside the wardrobe but she's too fast for it, swinging like crazy;
I'M DONE. NOW IT'S PERFECTLY MESSY.
a true pirate on a stormy night ;-) Despite of the quite obvious fact that she's been beautifully tamed thanks to her previous owner who took good care of her wounds, I've noticed that our little Kropeczka is unbelievably clever: it takes one time to show her something and she understands and remembers. Let me give you one example: the tubes. When she rushed into them for the first time everything was peachy until Kropka tried to go down and couldn't beacuse of her partial blindness: it was too high for her. But when I scrubed the bottom of the tube, she learned that there was something she could base on and once she tried, she never had that problem again. Well, actually there is one thing I'm not able to convince her to:
KROPECZKA IS SUCH AN ANGEL... BUT ONLY WHEN SHE SLEEPS ;-)

the water dispenser. So we won't have any as long as Kropka is in charge. Oh, my... There is so much more I could tell about her after those two days spent together. She's everything I needed to recover after Lilly and much much more.

15 comments:

  1. That's so great! She sounds like such a sweetie. :) And she sure is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Yeah, she's a true busy-bee... Unstopable. And it's very funny 'cause when Kropka is up to something you could put a cheese in front of her and she won't take it, as if she was saying: 'Don't you see I'm busy right now...? Can't it wait...?' :-)

      Delete
  2. Hehe, nice to see the sweety. I think she will calm down a bit next days and you would see your hammy less often. It's normal hamsters get excited in uncommon new environments. Or maybe hyperactivity is a Kropka thing? ;-) But very nice to see you both fit perfectly well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm affraid it's a Kropka thing ;-) As you wrote: she's getting more sleep now after this crazy weekend, but she's still incredibly fast and vivid. I think it's just her nature. And I'm ok with it ;-) Maybe, you know, maybe it's her instinct, the will of living after what she was through in her childhood. She was close to death, after all... Maybe that's why now Kropeczka lives her hamster life so intensively...?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. :-) She is cute, isn't she... Hard to think such a sweety (so full of life!) could have gone to waste. Nice to meet you, by the way, I hope you came to stay :-)

      Delete
    2. What would happen, if there wasn't someone like you?

      Delete
    3. You mean what would happen to Kropka if I ignored this ad...? Well, one thing I know for sure: she would still be called Dżungulina ;-) About other things I'd rather not to think...

      Delete
  4. That is such an honorable thing to do. I don't even what to think what would have happened to her if it weren't for you. You should be proud. She looks like a lovely hamster :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am proud :-) I am proud of little Kropeczka who is so vivid and trusting despite of what happened to her. The world would be less beautiful without her little nose sniffing around ;-)

      Delete
  5. Welcome home, Kropka! She is adorable and lucky to have you as an owner now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, that's the point :-) She's already twisted me round her smallest finger ;-)

      Delete
  6. Hello Kropeczka! Biscuit is sending his regards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Azra with Biscuit...! :-) Good to hear from you. How are you and how is this new little fellow you've adopted lately...?

      Delete

You can drop a few words in here, if you want to.