Saturday, 24 March 2012

A FEW THINGS ABOUT THE GIRL

Did you know that Kropka is not just a common name...? Well, it actually means something in my beautiful, complicated native language which is Polish. It means a dot. I think it suits her very well under the circumstances...
UP...
And this word Kropeczka I often use in exchange means a little dot, a dottie, you might say... It's diminution for Kropka. To think about it, you might have known that (there is a slight chance some of you have learnt Polish LOL) but certainly you have no idea what was Kropeczka's previous name. Hah! I've got you 'cause yes she had one. Now, let me tell you: her first owner called her... Dżungulina. I know, I know... Don't feel down if you're having trouble pronouncing this... I couldn't even remember it at first...! It was a long story and a four years old child's idea who called little Kropka after her longhair white father, Dżunguś.
KROPKA THE LITTLE DOT
No wonder Kropka has never responded to that name. It wasn't really her, it was kind of... borrowed. For me she's always been Kropeczka. From the very beginning, since I heard about her, I've been thinking of her as of a little black dot. But, of course, she's so much more than just the name which never defines us completely. We've got to know each other a little bit since I brought her home and there are a few certein things I can tell about her for sure: Kropeczka LOVES to run and LOVES to climb especially while playing outside the cage. All the time she must move around, barely she stops, just like this little bunny from an old Duracell add. Never she looks tired. She fell for the big wooden wheel which she uses at her playground (that is inside our wardrobe) and not only she runs in it but also swings in it which looks funny.
...AND DOWN
If I was to name other things Kropka likes I would mention: yoghourt (you may calm down, Juergen, finally a normal hamster who doesn't despise it, hehe), fresh green food, eating from the ground, cosy fluffy textures, sleeping with her head down and... me! :-) I can tell by the way she's diving into my arms, rushing down the tubes to greet me at the cage door and because she kissed me; my nose has been licked twice. As for her dislikes I could list for example: peanuts (that's weird), water dispenser, hay (that's a long story for another occasion) and staying in the cage. I know it sounds funny but I'm being terrorized by a hamster. Well, she's a piratess after all and you HAVE TO let her out each time she wants to (and that's almost always). My little dot just LOVES free running. And I love her :-)

6 comments:

  1. Nice story of a nose licking hamster :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night I was pretending that I fell asleep lying on the carpet ;-) Kropeczka climbed me and started running all over me like crazy, hehe... I stayed still until she started to tickle ;-)

      Delete
    2. Yes, Theresa was also running on and around me. You must be very tought don't start to laugh and wince because of this little feets and whiskers. With my Expedit habitat it's not possible anymore to lay inside my hamsters area (or not so easy ;-) )

      Delete
    3. Well, maybe you could let Randy and/or Samson out from time to time to run free along with you...? :-) It takes only to shield all the tiny dark holes they might get into ;-)

      Delete
  2. Wow... she is a wild little thing! My last name is Polish. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, really...?! :-D Good for you ;-) And yes, you're right, Kropeczka is a wild beast. The cutest beast I've ever seen ;-)

      Delete

You can drop a few words in here, if you want to.