Saturday, 1 December 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KROPECZKA ! :-)

On the first day of December, as it had been settled, we celebrated Kropeczka's first birthday. We don't care she may be probably a little bit elder; we craved for a party and we got one! The most important was a cake, so I made one using my secret celeriac and red beet recipe, saved for a special occasion like this :-)
     

The birthday cake was served inside Kropka's cage. I did remember, of course, to put off and take out the candle first. It was standing there: juicy, sweet and ready to eat, waiting for the noble jubilat who wasn't appearing (!). Well, it was one of those days when our little Kro leaves her nest barely and unwillingly...


When our super star finally left the tubes, she was moody, sleepy and really surprised; she didn't expect any celebration at all. To be honest, she wasn't quite happy about this Huge Smelly Something standing in the middle of the cage, on the road to her toilet and she actually had no idea what to do with it



  
For a long time she was sniffing the air, balancing on the edge of the platform, before she realised that this strange thing may actually be edible, but even than she didn't dare to take a bite. It was me who had to have it cut into pieces and give some to her. Only than she liked it and rushed with it quickly to her nest.




She only came back for one piece more and closed the tube entrance with some of her bedding to make sure she won't be disturbed. She was so pleased with the two pieces she got, that she was eating them and groomed herself (not mentioning sleeping) for the rest of the night. So much for the celebration ;-)

 
Whoa! And a gift, of course, I totally forgot about the gift; as a birthday present for Kropeczka I reorganized one of her cages by adding two cartoon boxes filled with deep litter to dwell in. I also warmed up one side of the cage bars (next to the window) with natural cotton and moved around tube entries to make some room for the improvements listed above. She loved, I mean LOVED them! :-D

12 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how her presents look like, but fine she did enjoy. It's not easy to make a good present. I give my hamsters a new wheels, when I want to make a gift. At least Randy like his 6 :-) different wheels, change them every minute. I didn't saw Samson running in a wheel for month, but I notice that the wheel must be used every night.
    And the cake looks so beautiful! Is this the first time she get celeriac and red beet? And really nice photos at all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you spoil your hammies with those wheels :P And I spoiled mine by putting food straight into her mouth, now she thinks everything tastes better if eaten from my hand ;-) Of course it wasn't the first time she had celeriac and red beet, it's just Kropeczka having her humours, waiting for me (her servant) to feed her LOL ;-)

      Delete
  2. ...and happy birthday Kropka :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Juergen, I'll pass it to her ;-)

      Delete
  3. Cute! What a lovely birthday surprise for Kropeczka!! I am sure she loved it, even though she may have been a bit sleepy. The extra boxes for her cage sound great! I wish I could do that with Willow's cage, but I can't really as her cage is glass..
    Beautiful cake too - you'll have to do a post on how to make it sometime in the future! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, thank you :-) Why is the glass cage not apropriate to put some boxes in it...? 8-o

      Delete
  4. I'm surprised to see Kropkas right eye. I thought she lost it, but now it doesn't look so bad. It's the first time I see her eye half open. I'm wrong, or is her eye getting better?
    Can you post some pictures of the area Kropka loves so much? Don't have an idea how it look like. All ideas to comfort my hamsters are welcome :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juergen, dear, her right eye was and is completely perfect; it's the left eye she's missing ;---) What you see in the pictures above is her empty eye socket (the left one). And the new area is just an old cartoon box from a wine shop, deep enough to be filled with litter ;-) She enjoys it 'cause it's also big enough to hide there, and from time to time I put there some treats to be found ;-)

      Delete
  5. Hi Squeeze!
    Your blog has been short listed for the 'Animal Tails Award Ceremony 2012'!!
    To see what you've been short listed for and whether you've won, please visit:
    http://hannah-animal-tales.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/animal-tails-blog-award-ceremony-2012.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you once again, Hannah. It's very kind of you to notice and reward my efforts. We wish you Happy and Fluffy New Year 2013! :-)

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday dear Kropeczka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Azra! :-) It means a world to me that Kropeczka is still strong, happy and vivid hamster, despite of her age. I hope she'll stay with me much, much longer than just a year.

      Delete

You can drop a few words in here, if you want to.