Thursday, 2 May 2013

CAN YOU HEAR THAT SOUND...?

...It sounds like the spinning wheel in the cage is turning again and I'm laughing, smiling at last :-) There's a new melody in my heart, as sudden as sweet. Her name is Nutka (which in my language means little note, like in music transcription). She's about 3 months old and is the true wild thing, although very elegant one, wearing black fur with a white tie and sleeves, just like conductors do ;-) I'll show her later, because today I didn't want to bother her with the camera: she's more tired than curious so fell asleep early this afternoon, after examining the first cage and falling in love with the spinning wheel (although she hasn't discover neither the tubes nor the passage to the second cage yet). It seems like we got another olimpic hamster with an urge for breaking speed records but that's good: this young lady won't get bored easily ;-)

How did this happen...? Well, to be honest, I did't plan this. On the contrary, today I was going to take the cleaned cages to the cellar. To make the long story short: my husband and I went shopping, but he had to turn back to find some kind of our vehicle part that fell off the rim during the ride. He left me alone in the hypermarkt parking. I got bored and went inside just to spent almost 1,5 hour in the local pet store, staring at Nutka who charmed me with her vigorous energy and grace. First of all I kindly asked the shop supervisor to change her wheel, as it was way too small for a grown up hamster. The woman was wise enough to do so almost immediately and I had the time of my life watching Nutka exploring her new swing. "At least that I can do for you, little one", I though back than. Eventually, my husband came back and we went shopping, but I couldn't stop thinking about this little black devil. I guess the decision was made subconsciously in the first minute I saw her, as it was love at first sight ;-) Well, we did what we had to do, came back home, prepared the cages (I gave the new look to the tubes, more fancy but without any long, chimney-like ascensions) and we simply came back for our little Nutka to bring her home as another true fluffy toughie who deserves the best. The thing is, she wouldn't make it if we didn't take her: she was the last one hamster left from the previous litter, 3 months old, while next to her box there was a bunch of tiny, sweetest hammies squicking to be bought, so what was her chances for the new home...? None, I'd say. Except of us kidnapping her to our hamster paradise :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can drop a few words in here, if you want to.