Saturday, 4 May 2013

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I GIVE YOU... NUTKA !

Let me introduce the new tenant - Nutka :-) I was writing about her in the previous post, now I would like to share some quick pictures of her I've taken lately. They are low quality since she's still very hectic and frightened easily so I'm trying not to scare her with the camera. Hopefully, soon I'll be able to present better shots, maybe even some close ups of this sweet little black bear.









Because of Nutka's age (about 3 months) and the fact that she practicaly doesn't know a human touch (except of rough pet store occasional treatment while cleaning, feeding or moving her to another location), I may encounter some difficulties in the taming process. I'm aware of that, but I'm also faithfull 'cause Nutka is very trusting: she's already happened to touch my nose with her nose and took a piece of an apple from my fingers. First of all I had to solve another problem, though: very quickly it turned out that the top part of the tubes which connects two cage sections together is too high after all. I had to rearrange the whole construction just to lower it a lil' bit, enough to be climbed at. Here it is:



Thus far, Nutka is living (sleeping) in the second cage (closer to the flower), where she's made herself a cosy little burrow in the cartoon tuba hidden in the litter. That's where she spends the day. In the night she's moving to the first cage (under the bulbs), where she's running in the spinning wheel almost whole night long. For now it seems that the tubes and their transparent bulbs are only the passage, not the apartment ;-) It's so uncommon behaviour in comparison to Lilly's and Kropeczka's habits! I wonder if it'll change in time...

6 comments:

  1. Yeaahhh :-D

    Gratulation to your new companion! Nice you decide to go on givin this furry creatures a good home. I know with your engagement she will never get bored. And nice your bloging goes on. Hope to see more pictures of your lady. Want to see the white stripe. But first let your hammy arrive in her new home. I think it's common that hamsters use the wheel very often in the beginning, because of the stress with all the new smell and stuff.
    Nutka, you got a nice caretaker. You will be a lucky hamster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O, Juergen, good to see you're always on watch :-) I believe we're both faithful to those sweet little creatures, not to say: addicted ;-) Thank you for your kind words. We barely see the white stripe, yet, as Nutka mostly stays in her burrow: I guess she needs more time to get used to the new home and humans. I observe HUDGE difference between a hamster rised among people in a family home (Kropeczka) and a hamster growing up in a pet store (Nutka).

      Delete
    2. Sure I was still watching your blog to see if you would continue keeping hamsters.
      Eastern european languages often sound hard. Now you was giving a nice example. The appendix KA for small tiny things sounds hard. Unusual for western ears. :-)
      Is this painting on the wall self made? Nice done.

      All my hamsters I got from animal shelter. So I think they wasn't accustomed to humans. I'm sure, in your hands also Nutka will be very tame in short time.

      Delete
    3. As for the eastern european languages, hihi: isn't it ironic that NutKA is in fact diminution (that is 'little note') of the 'nuta' world, which means 'note'...? ;-) In my language it sounds sweet and lovely. It's the 'nuta' world what sounds hursh :-)Nice observation, anyway :-) If that cheers you up, to our Slavic ears there's nothing harder than germanic languages :*)

      Delete
  2. I was also watching to see if a furry arrival would soon appear on stage on this blog. :D I was SO HAPPY when my waiting turned out to be rewarded. :D I hope Nutka will warm up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your support :-) Usually, I love as much as I despair, so there was no other way than adopt another little hammie since they're the animals of my life ;-)

      Delete

You can drop a few words in here, if you want to.