Wednesday, 19 June 2013

EXPLORING THE PLAYGROUND

I had to give Nutka some time to make herself at home. As you remember, she was an adult hamster when I bought her. That's why I didn't want to push her towards me too much. Playing outside the cage was suspended. I chose to wait until she's tamed knowing it would be much safer and less stressful for her this way. When the day came, she was thrilled above excited to discover The Closet:

LOOK, I'M A SAUSAGE-HAMSTER!

At the beginning Nutka was very cautious and reserved. She's pretty shy in general so I had to encourage her a bit to make her get used to the open space. For the first four months of her life she's been staying in the closing, after all. I can imagine how she must have felt when she finally got on the loose: Whoa...!

I'M PRETTY SURE THERE MUST BE A HIDDEN PASSAGE BEHIND THIS PANEL...
  
There was much of sniffing around, trotting, licking and nibbling. So many new textures, smells, noises... It was fun to observe how she becomes more and more self-confident, trying new things like climbing the sleeves (she loved that one!), sliding the towels and - of course - running The Great Spinning Wheel inside the wardrobe. And, man, she's quick as lightning, barely I can keep up!

NOW, THAT'S A PROPER HIDEOUT FOR A LADY...!

In the end I was way more tired than she looked like. It's amazing, how every hamster is different, with it's own habits and needs. It takes great deal of attention and love to understand it's little heart. Hope I will achieve that goal.

2 comments:

  1. Where are all this old posts in this blog coming from? Just discovered half a dozen older posts here I'm sure wasn't here few days ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Juergen! :-) Surprise...! :-) I'm filling the gaps in my hamster memoires, at last. Just sharing all the photos and stories I temporary abandoned for many reasons such as lack of free time, personal issues and so on... There will be more. Also the videos, starring Nutka and... Kropeczka, since I've never had a heart to let go. Till now :-)

      Delete

You can drop a few words in here, if you want to.