Tuesday, 7 January 2014

A LITTLE BIT OF THIS AND A LITTLE BIT OF THAT

It's still very cold outside and I can't even open the window not to harm my hammie. I can see she's nearly bored to death, so I keep on bringing more and more new things to her cage. She's already got many new willow and hazel sticks, since she loves to gnaw on them and arrange them in many different ways near her burrow. I also bought a wooden panel and ladder for her to climb on. Last but not least, she got a little birch stump, empty inside, ideal for many purposes, such as: sitting on it, hiding or storing food and ripping the bark of it.


Nutka seems to be very glad and visibly enjoys all of the improvements. The stump became her favourite place to sit and observe what's going on in the room. No wonder. She's after anything what's natural and smells the nature :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, improvements specially testing diverend types of food never ends :-) Latest I was testing again house crickets, sure my Robos had never seen living insects before (I know does not work in a cage).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrrr... Living insects... Yuk! :-P I was thinking about this kind of pleasure many times and never even managed to look at them in the pet store. It's just.... Let's say I'm a 100% girl if it comes to worms ;-) So, unfortunately, my hammies won't know the taste of a crunchy chitin under their teeth ;-)

      Delete

You can drop a few words in here, if you want to.